Wed, 29 June 2016
In this episode, we host the most comprehensive discussion of training volume available anywhere with Mike Israetel, Eric Helms, Layne Norton and Greg Nuckols.
We answer the question of whether we should train with the maximum volume that we can recover from (maximum recoverable volume) or with the minimum volume needed to make progress (minimum effective dose). We also touch on many other topics including:
- guidelines for how much volume to do per week
- the difference between max recoverable and max adaptive volume
- the importance of rest periods in determining per-session volume
- the relationship of max recoverable volume to injury
- differences in volume prescriptions for strength vs hypertrophy
- how to track training volume
- why not all volumes are created equal
And a LOT MORE!!
You can find more from the panel here:
CONTEST PREP/ COACHING from Jeff
Continue the discussion on ...
We hope you enjoy the show!
Direct download: The_Volume_Roundtable_feat._Mike_Israetel_Eric_Helms_Layne_Norton_Greg_Nuckols.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 6:16pm EDT