In this episode, we host the first ever Reverse Diet Debate featuring Eric Helms + Menno Henselmans (against) vs. Layne Norton + Peter Fitschen (for).
Topics covered include:
- Opening statements and rebuttals
- Defining "maintenance calories"
- How does reverse dieting work in the absence of changes in body composition?
- What are "adaptive metabolisms"?
- Ad libitum and intuitive eating approaches post-contest
- Can you diet on higher calories in prep after a successful reverse? Does it "carry over"?
- What is the role of NEAT in reverse dieting and metabolic adaptation?
- Is there value in increasing calories in the off-season (not post show)?
All annotations to the debate:
Episode 18 - Bro Splits, Training Frequency & the Anabolic Window feat. Menno Henselmans feat. Menno Henselmans:
Episode 12 - Changes in Hormones with Natural Bodybuilding Contest Prep feat. Peter Fitschen
Physique Science Radio Episode 8 - Eating Disorders
The 3DMJ Recovery Diet Video
You can find more from the debaters here:
CONTEST PREP/ COACHING from Jeff
FOR CONTEST PREP/ COACHING from Robin
Continue the discussion on ...
We hope you enjoy the debate!